If you’re looking for inspiration for your barbecue gatherings in the summer months, you’ve come to the right place. Below, you will find several ideas, barbecue recipes and pairing menus, as well as other resources that you can use to surprise your guests and become the host of the summer.
Menus: the best barbecue recipes
Barbecue recipes with meat, fish, vegetables and seasonal fruits
- Seafood Paella: To make a paella on the barbecue, preheat the grill to 225 degrees and place the paella on it with 6 tablespoons of oil. When it is hot, add 4 raw king prawns and 4 langoustines (remember to add a cup of “bomba” rice per each two people) and, from there, continue cooking to your liking, paying special attention to the amount of broth, which you should gradually add to the rice.
- Traditional barbecue: an easy way to make meat on the barbecue is to marinate it ahead of time to give it more flavor.
- Grilled salmon: to prepare grilled salmon, mix soy sauce, lime juice and chopped coriander in a bowl. Paint the salmon with the mixture and place it on the barbecue. Cook on both sides, until it is to your liking.
- Fish Skewers: cut the fish of your choice into similar-sized cubes, and remember to marinate before grilling to enhance flavor. You can use the fish or seafood you prefer, although the most appetizing is to combine both.
- BBQ Vegetables: vegetables can be grilled on a grill pan, or in aluminum foil. Some vegetables that can be used are: zucchini, eggplant, pepper, onion, mushrooms or asparagus.
- Grilled fruits: fruits are also delicious on the grill. Pineapple, peach, banana and mango, served alone or together with some ice cream. For many this is the best dessert for a summer day.
Tips for success
There are details that make the difference and the key is the barbecue menus preparation. Depending on your likings, the main ingredients that you will serve and the preferences of your guests, you can play with:
Any of these elements helps you to give more flavor to meals and personalize each bite.
Barbecue menus: yummy alternatives
Would you like to be more innovative? Then, set traditions aside. How would you like to travel through flavor? If you want ideas to create themed menus, take note of these two:
– Mexican barbecue: where pork is presented along with tacos, guacamole and margaritas.
– Mediterranean barbecue: accompanying meat and fish with tomato salads, feta cheese and olives.
Vegetarian and vegan options
Remember to include vegetarian and vegan options for those who prefer a healthier or meat-free diet. Soy burgers, vegetable skewers and grilled tofu are popular alternatives.
Drinks for barbecue menus this summer and the best decoration tips
Don’t forget to include delicious food accompaniments such as breads, salads, chips, and refreshing drinks like sangria, lemonade, and iced tea.
Rosé wine is an infallible drink in the warmer months and, depending on which is the central product chosen for the barbecue menus, a white or a fresh red cannot be missing.
Taking into account that the pairing will take place outdoors and that the atmosphere will be informal, it is best to choose the drink in a bag in box. Today, there are accessories that make servicing even easier, such as the HandsFree Tap.
The new pouch bag or bag in box support makes life easier and, when the party is over, it can be used to hang your favorite aromatic plants on the wall (rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil…). This is how they grow in the sun until the next barbecue, where you will use them to make homemade sauces and condiments.
Finally, we invite you to think ahead about the style you want to add to your table. This way you will be able to choose the accessories that will serve you for the decoration of the table and the barbecue area. Fresh flowers, candles, and colored lights help create a cozy atmosphere.